Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If you're considering hiking The Narrows...

I would advise you to rethink that decision.

Yesterday in Zion National Park I spent 13 hours walking 15 miles
through a river with Lauren, Brad Guynn and Steve Pearson. Yes all 15
miles were spent wet and walking (and occassionally swimming) from rock
to rock trying not to die all while wondering why the heck am I here.
We covered the most difficult 2 mile stretch of river in 4 hours... So
torturous.

When I get photos from Lauren I will add them to help illustrate the
insanity. In the meantime I'm working on foot repair and hoping I will
be able to run again by the end of the week...

5 comments:

sarah said...

Oh my gosh your feet look awful! Are you OK? Do you have more hiking to do or can we call it quits to this insanity?!

Ie Li said...

That looks like pain. Sorry.

Sounds like an interesting (random?) grouping.

Annee said...

Oh my, that's crazy. I really thought that it was something I needed to do. I am indeed rethinking at this point in time. I hope you're okay, in the long run.

Titensor Family said...

i don't think i'll be hiking those....your feet look like they hurt. I'm sorry!

Lauren said...

Ugh my feet/legs hurt so bad! That is an experience I will never do again...