Time seems to be flying by. It doesn't feel very long ago that I hung my calendar open to January on the wall with just a push pin figuring I'd actually nail it up "soon"... I still have dreams (nightmares?) about wedding planning, but we've almost hit 6 months. Crazy!
The good news about time moving quickly is that means there are only 2 more weeks of madness at work. I think I can make it. Then we get to go to Utah for graduation and Easter. And before you know it Christmas will be here, I've started planning exactly how we will decorate the house.
I finally settled on an armoire for our guest room. And Ken built a shelf in the laundry room, totally from scratch. I was so proud of him!
Check out the sister posts of the last few weeks, wherein I talk about wearing my hair in buns, making crock pot recipes and wearing jeans to work. I'll be posting this week's sister update next.
7 comments:
I keep thinking about the last two weeks of tax season...is it great? Or is it kind of like the .2 in the 26.2 mile marathon? As in, basically the hardest .2 of the whole distance. Know what I mean? I hope these next two weeks aren't like that. See you in Utah!
You're coming to Utah?? How did I not know this!! What are your details? Will text immediately.
I think that last two weeks of busy season are the hardest. I can see the end, it's almost here, but I'm so tired. I guess I've only been on the other side of busy season, which I think is hard, but probably not harder than actually doing all of the tax work. You're doing great, Rachel. And I love the armoire.
Nice check-in post. I love the armoire/dresser/shelving unit. I'm dying to see pics of your place.
I agree time is flying by way too quickly. I'm so excited for everyone to come visit so soon. Good luck with the last 2 weeks. You can do it.
Yes I will do a hour tour soon. I have a short list of projects to finish before it's ready to show. High on the list, print photos from our wedding for our bedroom. You never have a better excuse to display wedding photos than the first year ya know?! Plus I have the photo credit with Jonathan and custom frame credit with a local shop. Just need the time to sift through the files.
We've had some rug disasters with West Elm so I think my big plan for the family room isn't going to work out. I can use the credit at Pottery Barn though so I'm hoping I can find a solution there. Putting it all together makes me really happy.
I'm really looking forward to giving everyone an in-person tour in May. Glad the Wiley dates are in stone! Maybe you'll pass through DC?
unfortunately we had to cut DC out of the trip this time around. it was just getting too crazy to try to do everything this time around. plus it seemed to make sense since DC could be a manageable trip in-and-of-itself especially when those good deals out of Provo airport on Frontier kick in.
what happened with the west elm rug?!
Rachel, is the the armoire you were telling me about with the smell? It's so adorable! It was so good to see you and Ken at the BYU Mgt Dinner!!
Post a Comment