Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Last day ever...

It's a very strange feeling you know, attending class on my last day of school for the rest of my life.

I found myself thinking at times what I think at the end of every semester...


"Next semester I'm going to start studying earlier for finals..."
"Next time I take a class from this teacher I'm really going to work hard from the start."
"I'm glad I only missed 2 quizzes in this class this semester, but next semester I'll aim for missing zero."


But then, oh wait, there is not a "next semester."

I called the health center today about scheduling an appointment for some blood work I've been meaning to do for a long time. Apparently I only have one more week that I am allowed to enter the BYU Student Health Center because, oh yeah, I will no longer be a student.

I know there are wonderful things to come, but I am leaving very wonderful things behind. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my time at BYU. I do not misspeak when I say ALL.

I still have a ways to go before I'm done (I think I heard someone say we have 1 million seconds left?) but it is a bittersweet time.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations!

It can be very bittersweet, and I'm sure sometime in the distant future we'll wish we were back here, in school, learning and studying and what not, but you've got to admit, having nothing to do this summer but work on the tan and sip lemonade -- not a bad prospect, huh?

:)

Rachel F. said...

Not bad at all!!

Courtney Kay said...

You've had a really full college experience, and I have no doubt you will also make the most of your young, single, professional years. Congratulations.

Erin Jo Merrill said...

Hey Rachel, I'm glad you found us, too! Congratulations on graduating. I felt really homesick for school during the Autumn following my graduation, so be prepared.

Ashley said...

Leaving school is sad but after a week you don't miss it as much at all...maybe it's just me that feels that way..the dress you posted about on my blog so long ago was of course, j.crew. Sorry it took me forever to give you the info! I found it while blog searching around.