
It is finished!! Can you believe it?? I FINALLY loaded all my belongings into this pod which will be magically transported across the country and stored until I am ready for it. I just realized I left out two items: my bike and my tall brown boots in Sarah's basement, both of which I'll add into the tiny spot at the front.
Javier and Victor were immensely helpful. They approached the challenge like a puzzle, working hard to fit everything in. And they were VERY careful with my furniture, which can't be said for the college kids who helped me last week. (I won't post a picture of the top of my red desk because it will make me cry... They put my dresser on top of the desk and slid it all the way across. DEEP gashes. Definitely angry about that...) They also helped mom and dad load and unload tons of stuff at their house and in storage. Seriously, if you need help with that sort of thing, call Javier: 801-953-9147.

It is such a relief to have this task completed. Seriously it was preventing me from thinking, blogging, sleeping, party planning, CPA studying and just general life enjoying. But now it is done.
I still haven't figured out where in DC I will be living, but there is still time and I've got some leads I'm following. Hopefully CZ will join the great Zackrison eastward migration with a winter internship for PwC. Wouldn't that be awesome? Steve, CZ and I would have to have a mini family photo shoot in the office to celebrate.
Over the next 5-6 weeks that I am in Provo I will be studying for and taking 2 more sections of the CPA exam and trying to enjoy life before I begin full-time work. This "enjoying" will include naps and mid-day movies, time with the Wiley children, and hopefully the Utah State Fair. I've been working out with this running/exercise group every morning in Draper for the last 2 months and that will certainly continue until the day I leave. It's great. I've even gotten over the drive.
Anyway, I feel better about life now. I predict that will translate into more posting. Stay tuned.
6 comments:
Moving is so hard. I'm so glad that for you, it's done for now.
Rachel, we are so excited for you to come out here, but I understand how you would be sad to leave Utah.
How funny that you have found helpful movers. How tragic that your desk got ruined by the un-helpful movers. I'm really deeply sorry about that. More posting, it's almost too much to hope for. But I will never give up on hope! I can't believe you are so close to starting a real live grown-up job. Life is weird.
I think you should move to my ward! Colonial 1st. It's in Arlington, maybe not the most glamourous, but everyone says our ward is the best, and I'd LOVE to see you all the time! Good luck with your exams! I can't wait to see you!
IeLi -- I am SO excited to be close to your family. It's really going to be a grand adventure. Thanks for being excited to see me too!
Lauren -- After talking with my different friends out there (Chris Crittenden, Alan Stoffer, Brittany Wurtz, Ashley Haddow, etc etc) I am pretty convinced that I need to live in Colonial 1st. Now it's just a matter of finding a spot! Which is much harder than I expected... I'm sure it'll work out. But if you hear of anything, let me know! I'm so excited we'll be in the same ward. See you SOON!
Can't wait for the State fair, I'm a fair food junkie.
Too many people have no sense of humor so I took the Obama post down. Seriously, scary hate mail.
It is an overwhelming feeling to watch your life get packed away. But you have a new awesome adventure to look forward to. And you'll be closer to us. Yeah!!
Post a Comment