Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snippets from January

So I guess I've been busy...

This semester will be the busiest of my college career. Here are some of the things that make my life complete madness from Monday-Friday and complete exhaustion Saturday-Sunday.

  • Two tax classes, Partnership and Advanced Individual

  • Two undergrad classes, ManEc and Business Law (man I forgot how annoying those classes are...)

  • Isaiah class - I really wanted to take it before I graduate

  • Intro to Outdoor Recreation class. I know, crazy right? (see photo below) But I felt like trying some new things.

  • TAing for two teachers which exceeds 20 hrs per week, even though it's not supposed to...

  • VITA Lab manager (fortunately doing taxes has a strange way of bringing me so much joy)


  • Pillars of the Earth. Completely addicting! 75% finished

  • Hunting for a replacement bedroom chair (annoying and depressing..)

  • Race training (SLC Half Marathon in April)
Each week starts as a spring. But being this busy feels good in a strange way. I feel organized and efficient. Which is good.

Here are a few photos that all could have/should have been complete posts about activities that occurred in January.

SLEDDING

SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL DESSERT GALA

SYMPHONY







SNOWY SUNDANCE DINNER DATE











SNOW SHOEING

This is actually a photo from the second activity of Outdoor Adventure class. Haley and I went snow shoeing last Wednesday with our class. If you want to know what shoe shoeing is like, imagine going for a hike, except through the snow. I have mixed feelings about it overall... However, playing snowshoe football is a lot of fun.


So here I am making an effort to return to blogging. Things are busy but with VITA begining there are sure to be lots of great stories to follow!!

6 comments:

sarah said...

welcome back! way to get caught up. can't wait for the vita lab stories.

Annee said...

I don't even know what the vita lab is. Are the stories really going to be exciting?

Love that you found Pillars of the Earth addicting.

I'm so happy you are back.

Kevin and Laura said...

Wow! You are busy! But I'm glad you are finding time to read Pillars of the Earth. I read that book last year and LOVED it. So good!

Also...I'm quite jealous of your snowy dinner date. We have had almost NO SNOW out here. The picture with the trees in it is beautiful!

I can't wait to see you guys in September!! Do you need a place to stay?

Ie Li said...

Good luck with your busy season. You're almost there!

Rachel F. said...

VITA stands for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance. It's an IRS flagship office type thing on BYU campus where we prepares taxes for community members for free (as long as they're under the income threshold).

I suppose the stories will be as interesting as those facts I used to share over dinner. Remember when I used to say "Oh I learned this really cool thing in my tax class today!" Basically, don't get your hopes up...

Thanks for the well wishes about busy season IeLi. I realize with my chosen profession I'd better get used to the beginning of the year being crazy. But, good luck back to you!! YOU'RE almost there. :-) Can't wait for this time next year when I'll be able to visit you guys more often.

Brooke Wilkins said...

Rachael my sister CHelsea is in the Outdoor Rec class. Do you have Lee as your teacher? I think that he is the only one that teaches it. Maybe you are in her class. She is really petite and has REALLY curly blonde hair! That would be funny if you were.