
I have a strange fascination with pedometers, and the idea of keeping track of every single step you take in a day. It's like keeping precise and accurate financial records, except it's about your steps. Think about the spreadsheets that can be made from collecting that kind of data!!
I was sure to have santa stuff the gadget in my stocking and finally broke it out for its debut this past weekend. Through various test runs, it seemed like it would work great.
Imagine my distress when at 9pm, over 12 hours after affixing the pedometer to my waist, the talking pedometer loudly declared:
You have walked 153 steps.
Ahh so disappointing... I walk 153 steps from my room out to the car alone, there's no way that's a whole day's worth. So much for my dreams of a gadget that would help me reach my daily 10,000 step goal... Whatever.
3 comments:
well, maybe you shouldn't give up on it yet...you know, give it another chance. I would very much liked to have known if it was easy or hard to reach 10,000 steps in a day.
I bought one last friday, and I love it! I thought the exact same thing about the spreadsheets. I am now obsessed with my steps, stride, distance covered...etc.
Ha. Love it!
Dude I just got an Encore Award at work and was thinking of picking out the pedometer as my prize of choice. But if it doesn't work I'll be ticked. Because I could have gotten a Starbucks card instead. I would not be making spreadheets with my data, however.
Post a Comment