Sunday, November 16, 2008

For this I am grateful

**UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM**

Amid the chaos and anxiety surrounding the current state of the economy, I have found some silver linings.


Oil is trading for less than $60/barrel. Thus, gas is under $2/gallon. Which means I can fill up my tank for less than $40! This is significantly better than the few times I had to fill my car for approx $80. Ew. Nowadays, instead of resisting to fill my tank in an effort to stretch my budget, I avoid filling my tank because I know next week gas will be even cheaper!!

Flights are cheaper than ever. There are more sales on one-way fares than I've seen since the 90s when you could fly roundtrip SLC-LAX for $99. Remember those days. Ahh...

Everything at Nordstrom is 40% off. I know the half-yearly sale isn't really new, but the quality of the items on sale is better than ever!

Banana Republic's 30% Friends and Family sale. Ends on Sunday at midnight. Need I say more?



On a different note, do you know what I love about windy fall afternoons? That moment when you step outside and your skirt catches in the wind. (Not enough to be obscene, just a tiny lift. Although some recommend matching your undies to your outfit just in case, hah!) Few other things make you feel as feminine and pretty and put a little pep into your step.









*****EDIT Monday 11/17/08************
Check out this CRAZY deal on Southwest!! My allegiances have been pretty much switched over to Delta, but I can not resist this sale. Where should I go between Dec 3rd and Feb 11??


UM WOW. Southwest is offering 50% off all flights from SLC to anywhere they fly starting today until the 18th! Go check out the DEEPLY discounted tickets HERE.

2 comments:

Annee said...

Oh man! What if I still lived in Colorado? That means you would be about to come and visit me.

Stephanie said...

I wish the gas prices here were as low as they are there! Isn't it sad to be happy that gas is only $2.50/ gallon!!?? I may do the baking gals again and I'll keep you posted.