Monday, February 28, 2011

Sisters.

Let's try something new here. In an effort to stay connected with each other, we're going to try to keep in touch in a different way. Not sure how often it'll happen, or how long we'll keep it up. But here's a start.
Sarah

last week's agenda:
-took huck to dr - double ear & double eye infections
-2 lower lights shows
-brenden's wax museum project
-oliver's first blue & gold banquet
-rooftop concert series planning meeting at courtney's house


this week's agenda:
-15 loads of laundry - I'm determined to get it folded as soon as it's clean - don't let it sit in a pile on my floor for a week
-lower lights go on tour on friday - pick up tshirts, make itinerary, prepare & train tour manager
-get back to yoga - i'm determined to start up my 6am yoga routine again


Annee

Three things that were on my agenda from this past week:

  1. Substitute taught for the Elementary School music teacher all day long on Monday. Not my favorite class to sub for. It was kind of awful.
  2. Hosted a Sewing Soiree with a bunch of ladies at my house on Tuesday night.
  3. Took George on a date to see the Alvin Ailey Dance Performers on Thursday night at Memorial Hall at UNC campus. Everyone should put on their list of things to do in a lifetime “watch an Alvin Ailey dance performance”. It’s one of the most beautiful performances you’ll ever witness. This was the second time I’ve seen them perform. I hope they’ll be back to UNC again soon.

Three things on my agenda for next week:

  1. HAIR CUT AND COLOR!! (All caps and tons of exclamation marks...it’s been far too long and my hair is awful!)
  2. Run 10 miles at some point in the week.
  3. Substitute teach a couple of days at the elementary school.

Rachel


Last week:

--I went on a date to a show at The Kennedy Center on Friday night.

--I ran home from work 3 times. That's one of the best things about living closer to the office. I hope it's warmer next week!

--I made 2 comments in Relief Society so people will know I'm there. Adjusting to a new ward is always a little awkward.

--I hung all the dresser trays from our wedding in a collage on the wall in the family room. One step closer to done!

--I tried a new recipe: lemon bars. I feel like as a bonafide Mormon woman I need to have a go-to lemon bar recipe. Better keep searching…

Next week:

--I want to go to the movies. It's been way too long!

--I want to craigslist a big armoire for the guest bedroom. I need to get my clothing situation squared away ASAP.

--I will distract myself from missing Ken while he's in Utah Wed-Fri by working a lot.

--Ask Grandma for the secret methods to her chocolate covered peanuts.



Christine

On agenda last week:

  • Ethnic Tuesday dinner with Addie
  • grading quizzes
  • lots and lots of sleep to get over my current sickness
On agenda this next week:
  • Sunday dinner with roommates and friends (including a BYU basketball star...)
  • finish spreadsheets exam and study for individual taxes exam
  • snowboarding and a visit to the Midvale Ice Castles



Oh my goodness I have tons of questions!! Sarah - wax museum project?? That had to be rough.. Are you going on the Lower Lights tour? Annee - how are your knees holding up this time around? Also, is substitute teaching your school's form of having parents get involved? Or is this like an official job? CZ - what did you eat for ethnic dinner? What are you making for Sunday dinner? And.. basketball star?! Further questions and replies in the comments! I'm glad we did this. I love you all.

Next week let's get mom, Ana and Ie Li on board too!

As inspired by this.

11 comments:

Rachel F. said...

P.S. CZ don't get rid of any clothes before you move out here. *Maybe* some can work for me...

Ie Li said...

You all look smashing. Maybe my agenda should include getting some cute clothes. :) Thanks for the update!

Annee said...

Substitute teaching is an actual job. I haven't had one for nearly 12 years. It's kind of fun, and requires that I wear real clothes to "work". It's been great. I love working at the school where my kids are going. My knees are fine so far. I got my feet re-evaluated, I think I was in the wrong shoes for a few years!

I love seeing the pictures of everyone. So, so fun! It wasn't so hard. Let's do it again soon.

P.S. Does CZ have something on her face in her second picture? Or is it just my monitor that she looks kind of like she green around her eyes? Ethnic dinner sounds fun! But you better brag a bit more about the BYU basketball star... We have a house full of Cougar BBall fans!

Rachel F. said...

Yes, again next Sunday?? I can post it, unless someone else wants to host. We have a whole week to plan the pics/items, hmmm.

Ie Li said...

I am willing any time to host on my blog.

Christine, are you dating Jimmer (JIMMERRRR!!!!)?

sarah said...

To simplify her move, Christine has already decided to leave her entire wardrobe here and start over when she gets there. Sorry. And yes, her eyes look green on my screen too.

Ie Li - cute clothes not required. I took my picture on Sunday which happens to be pretty much the only day I put much effort into my outfits. You'll notice the hair pulled back, though, since I used my hair fixing time to prep for sharing time.

Wax museum project - all 5th graders had to choose a famous american and dress up as them and do a presentation with props, etc. Brenden convinced his teacher that Shaun White deserved to be on the list as much as Abraham Lincoln did, so we ordered a long red-hair wig and he took his snowboard and skateboard. Turned out great, but he was pretty grumpy about it.

I'm planning the Lower Lights tour, but not going on it. I'm going to save my weekend babysitting credits for a real vacation.

Kat said...

I have a delightful lemon bar recipe. Ironically, it came from my non-Mormon high school piano teacher.

Rachel F. said...

Kathleen! Can you send me the recipe? I'm totally in test mode. :-)

Christine said...

I've been told I no longer get to keep the secret of the basketball star. Sorry, I am not dating Jimmer, though I'm flattered, Ie Li, that you think I could snag the most sought after guy on campus.

Charles Abouo is a friend from high school of one of my roommates so he was over for Sunday dinner. He is also roommates and best friends with Jimmer, so there was talk of Jimmer possibly making an appearance (he has in fact been to my house before), but apparently he was too busy with his current girlfriend (he's more into tiny blond cheerleaders). It was fun getting to know Charles, though, he's an extremely nice guy and gets slightly embarrassed anytime you try to tell him he's actually kind of a big deal.

I believe the green on my eyes is a result of red eye reduction, because I didn't notice it on the original picture. Don't worry, I wasn't trying out some crazy runway eyeshadow trick.

Grandma Z said...

Thanks everyone. i love this new feature.
Sarah, Did you make new yellow curtains & bed cover for your basement bedroom? Very sunny and cheerful.
Mom

Ie Li said...

Christine, it actually wouldn't surprise me at all if you said you were dating Jimmer. I think you are kind of a big deal too. :)