Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17 - Cross country trekking

Today we made our way from Nice back to Frankfurt. The travel included a walk, a local train, a walk, an airport bus, a flight, another local train, a missed train, a new ticket, an international train, and finally a taxi cab to arrive at 49 Walter Hesselbach. What a day!

Bidding farewell to our lovely little place in Juan Les Pins...
And bidding farewell to our good friend Rashid who kept us company at night as we tried to work our computers in the lobby.

We passed the time on the train by watching Friday Night Lights which was tons of fun although I'm months behind on the TiVo as it is so there isn't really room for anything new...

9 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

I love Friday Night Lights and I love trains. I can't even explain how jealous I am of your trip! How fun!

Christine said...

seriously that's the picture of the day? i don't think i'm such a fan

Annee said...

Haha that's funny Christine!

Miss you guys. Sounds like a memorable trip. You'll remember it forever. You have no idea how much I wish I could have been there.

Rachel F. said...

CZ I warned you about the lack of photos taken today...

Annee let's do it again in August!! I'm serious! You'll be ready for a week off by then. Come on

sarah said...

ummm how bout not august, ok? i want to come too.

Annee said...

yeah, august is high tourist season and prices. maybe we'll just have to do it the same time, only next year. not august, we will respect the wishes of the pregnant lady.

Rachel F. said...

oh you're totally right I forgot about the high tourist fact... Next spring then. Sarah and Truman can come then too. But it MUST happen, that's for sure!!

Courtney Kay said...

Your trip has looked so fun! But I'm glad you're on your way back home, because that means I will be seeing you oh so soon!

Annee said...

It MUST. (Or something very close to it, if not EXACTLY the same as the just completed trip).