Sort of.
I landed back in DC early this morning.
Oh man is it hard to be back to real life.
I love to travel, and I usually love coming back home most of all.
But this time it was hard.
I've had the trip of a lifetime.
Seriously, it was perfect.
And an experience like that has you questioning your whole life...
(Wait, what am I doing?
How can I get that carefree feeling back again without sacrificing ALL adult responsibilities?
Can I please just move to a cave without any worries?)
All that is just to say, I have been sleeping today!!
And apparently, I did a lot of sleeping in Brazil. There are a few photos of proof...
I landed back in DC early this morning.
Oh man is it hard to be back to real life.
I love to travel, and I usually love coming back home most of all.
But this time it was hard.
I've had the trip of a lifetime.
Seriously, it was perfect.
And an experience like that has you questioning your whole life...
(Wait, what am I doing?
How can I get that carefree feeling back again without sacrificing ALL adult responsibilities?
Can I please just move to a cave without any worries?)
All that is just to say, I have been sleeping today!!
And apparently, I did a lot of sleeping in Brazil. There are a few photos of proof...



Goodnight all!
Here's to hoping I can make it through all my work emails tomorrow...
Here's to hoping I can make it through all my work emails tomorrow...
4 comments:
Wow. What an amazing trip and such great posts every day. You are indeed the experienced and model traveler. I'm sorry you have to go back to regular life and adult responsibilities. But, you know, not really that sorry. You look fabulous in all your pictures. Love the side braid -- how do you get it to stay so well? You make Brazil look beautiful. What fun souvenirs did you bring back?
Good luck this week. Regular life after vacations is so lame for at least a few days. And I've never been on a South America jungle adventure kind of vacation, so that seems like it's going to be really hard.
How is there not one photo of your traveling companion? I'm suspicious someone must have been taking all those cool snapshots of you...
Who were the photographers for all these funny sleeping pictures? Is there a story there?
Welcome home and thanks for taking all of us with you to Brazil.
How did I make the side braid stay? It just kinda did... Sometimes I braided it while my hair was still wet so that helped. Otherwise I just pulled it back into the braid instead of into a ponytail. Didn't really need any bobbypins or anything.
What did I bring back? Bug bites! Other than that, I didn't bring back a single souvenir! Well, I got a couple t-shirts and that striped bag you can see in some of the photos, so that was fun. I kept my eyes out for shoes but didn't find any.
The sleeping pics were taken by Jowy. It's a mean trick he started in Jerusalem two years ago.
I agreed not to inflict the blog on the people I traveled with. But maybe I'll post a couple photos or videos anyway...
Post a Comment