Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29 - Duck Day 1

Although the weather report was scary...
There hasn't been a cloud in the sky! I could not ask for a better beach weekend.
A glance at 929 Corolla Drive. CZ and I have been scoping out houses all weekend that will fit the entire JAZBAND group. Oh man we found three perfect options so get excited. We WILL be descending on OBX soon, I am using the methods of The Secret as we speak.

Courtney and Kirstin were nice enough to join me! I am SO GLAD they have been here to share in all the hilarious moments.
CZ and me on the sand. She's a big hit out here. Everyone says they can see the resemblance between us and they're excited she's here for the whole summer. Me too!!
I played approximately 7 games of volleyball in the tournament. Our team did pretty well!

Ultimately, we fell to Dawn and Michael's team (and the others I play with on Monday nights). They went all the way and won the golden volleyballs! Woo!!

5 comments:

Ie Li said...

I'm so happy that it didn't rain for you. It looks wonderful.

The JAZband beach week or weekend really needs to happen this summer. It wouldn't feel like summer without it.

Brooke Wilkins said...

Oh there is no place I would rather be. My grandparents have a house in Corolla Light on the Sound side. It is amazing and seriously heaven on earth!

Rachel F. said...

Brooke! I knew you guys spent time in the area so I'm glad you know it's Corolla Light. We were in Corolla off Bonito Dr. I LOVE the area! I'm already scheming a way to go back. You should tell me all your tips and hot spots for next time!

Rachel F. said...

P.S. Isn't it funny how much two CA girls at heart can love this Atlantic Beach? It's very different from Pacific beaches, but really lovely. I seriously can't wait to go back. Do you usually fly into Norfolk? I wish it weren't a full 5 hour drive from DC...

Courtney Kay said...

We really lucked out on the weather. It could not have been more beautiful and hot and conducive to swimming in the ocean! I'm also realy glad I didn't bother with the hassle of packing my rain boots.