A couple things...
--Tonight was FHE's Cinco de Mayo Chip 'n Dip celebration party. The ward* (*I) provided the chips and everyone was to bring a dip. It's a very fun idea! Of course, I brought 3 bags of costco chips and we only made it through 1. I'm terrible at predicting these things and tend to over-buy...
--This morning my Delta flight from Boston back to Washington was delayed so they put me on a US Airways flight instead. Which reminded me why I don't fly airlines besides Delta anymore...
For today's photo, I will post the lovely flowers I received last week. Few things make me happier than bunches of ranunculus. I love them in this stage when they're twisty and stem-y. Then when the buds open more and the stems can't bear the weight, I love cutting them down to tight, lush, petal-y displays. Pure happiness.

At church the Sunday School lesson was on The Creation. (I love this Back-to-Basics manual by the way... When was the last time we took the time to read detailed accounts of the founding gospel principles, The Creation and The Fall, etc) I was reminded of the passage in D&C 59:18:
Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;God's natural creations are supposed to bring us gladness, by divine design. So why not use them to that end? It isn't foolish or a waste of money to surround yourself with things which remind you of God's love and creation. I'm reading Northanger Abbey right now and there's a part when Mr. Tinley comments on Katherine's love of hyacinth flowers. He says something like "God instilled in women a love of hyacinth so they would be inclined to go out walking for exercise to see the hyacinth when they otherwise wouldn't venture out." Clever.
Anyway, the time of departure is fast approaching...
2 comments:
And two more things. 1. I love ranunculus. And 2. I can't wait to hear about Brazil! Woohoo!
Brazil???
I think you need to call me.
I found that scripture as a Horticulture major at BYU. It meant a great deal to me then too.
Post a Comment