Saturday, July 19, 2008

Geocaching in Jerusalem

Monday, July 14, 2008


Today after dinner a group of people got together for a little Geo-caching around Jerusalem. We left the city with GPS in hand and a vague idea of where the treasure was hidden. We had the coordinates and the location description “Jerusalem Central Park”. It took us over an hour of wandering around the city, passing through tons of parks that seemed promising, before we arrived at the right park.


Heading out from the center! Jameson, Trevor, Whit, Loral

A little shopping area on Hillel St

By the time we were finally close to the specified coordinates it was quite dark. At the center they talk to us all the time about how many deadly snakes there are around so I was a bit nervous to be wandering.. Nonetheless, we searched around through the trees and rocks until we finally found the hidden cache! It was very exciting. We signed our names to the log and Trevor deposited the Travel Bug he had picked up in Provo.

The park was full of Jewish families having little BBQs and parties. It looked like a fun place once we emerged from the forest. We made it back home late and had to get to work studying. This week has been intense with studying for all the final exams we have this week. I’m trying not to whine about it, but it’s way too much. I’m choosing not to let it stop me from having fun in the city.
Did I mention the park had an ice cream truck? Perfect!
P.S. For next time I'll look up some Letterboxing like the Wileys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

was i sick when we went geocaching? because i def. look sick in some of these pics slash haggard.