Sunday was our first day back in the center after our exhausting trip through Egypt. They cut us a break and started class at 9am instead of 730am. I’m developing a bad habit of skipping breakfast which is one of the worst nutritional mistakes you can make but seriously, who’s hungry before 7am?
I found out the Jerusalem Film Festival is in town and organized a group of people to check it out. As Haley and Courtney and CZ and the others who’ve joined me for festival films know, you NEVER KNOW what you will find in the movie you’ve selected. It’s a total game of chance.
The movies are shown at the Jerusalem Cinematheque which is a movie theatre tucked in the mountain outside the Old City Wall. It’s a great setting and the people watching was fantastic. The movie wasn’t awesome, but I never expect much so I wasn’t too disappointed. Danen, Loral, David and Jowy were such good sports about the whole thing and made the evening quite a delight despite the awkwardness (understatement….) of the film.
Jowy, Me, Loral, Danen, David
Apparently we have school work due tomorrow because people are studying all over the place. I better get on that… :-)

4 comments:
Was it in English? Dubbed? Subtitled? Sometimes that is all you need.
Love, Mom
All the films vary, this particular one was English with Hebrew subtitles. Tomorrow we'll see one in Arabic with English subtitles
It looks like you are having a great time. I'm so happy for you to be able to experience this. I knew you traveled a lot, but filling up passports and Tahiti? Wow!
You're bringing back some great memories. Do you feel safe?
Yes I do feel pretty safe. Maybe more than I should? I'm just not an anxious, worrisome person by nature. But especially West Jerusalem (Jewish), it feels very much like Europe.
Post a Comment